13 August 2003

I'll sue, I swear

Following IA's lead, I think I will hearby declare that "Grad Student" is a registered trademark for this blog. Anyone who uses it, I will sue.

I mean really. The phrase "fair and balanced" is often used, generally speaking, to refer to the ideal journalistic endeavour. Just because Fox News wants to use the phrase to refer to itself does not mean that it becomes off limits to everyone else. What would happen, I wonder, if I wrote a work of history entitled "Fair and Balanced: Anglo-Dutch and Anglo-Swedish Trading Practices in the seventeenth-Century Chesapeake." I don't know why anyone would write such a book or even title it that way, but you see what I mean. This trademarked Grad Student hopes Al Franken wipes the floor with the neocon freakazoids over at Fox News.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home