17 February 2005

The Summers Transcript

Harvard has released a transcript of Larry Summers' remarks about women.

Harvard should have done this weeks ago. I have looked through it quickly (I am actually trying to get real dissertation work done, and I can't do that and go through Larry Summers' comments at the same time) and I don't see evidence of the kind of egregiousness that earlier press reports claimed.

HOWEVER.

I will look at it more closely this evening. It does seem, from my cursory reading, that Larry is fascinated by the possibility intrinsic, innate differences in intelligence (or types of intelligence) between the sexes, and that the Q & A following his remarks also seems to show that audience, especially biologists in the audience, were very sceptical of that possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home