07 April 2005

Indoctrination?!

In today's NYT, a letter to the editor about whether or not today's left-leaning liberal academics are indoctrinating their students:

To the Editor:
As a (left-leaning) college history professor, I am bemused by accusations that I am trying to indoctrinate my students with my progressive ideals. If I had that kind of influence, all my students would do the reading every week, proofread their papers meticulously and attend every class. (They don't.)
Samuel S. Thomas
Springfield, Ohio, April 5, 2005


I couldn't have said it better myself. I could care less whether my students vote Democrat or Republican or some combination thereof. I just care that they put the time and effort required into getting something worthwhile out of my class. Isn't that what we should all be worrying about?

2 Comments:

At Monday, May 09, 2005 9:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for printing this; it's a reminder that I shouldn't go for a day without the Times. Just discovered you thanks to the AHA Perspectives article on blogging. As someone who spent much time in Robinson Hall long ago, how could I not start reading?

 
At Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm another recent Robinson-ite who found you in Ralph Luker's AHA article. I'm enjoying your blog a great deal.

From the gap since your last post, (like I'm one to talk about that) I suspect you are deep in the end-of-the-year crunch. Hang in there... summer approaches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home