14 May 2005

Go to your local library and read...

My article! My first ever real academic publication is now out, in the Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society, vol. 113, no. 1 (2003). (Yes, it is backdated, don't ask.) "General Artemas Ward: An American Revolutionary Remembered and Reinvented, 1800-1938" was the result of Professor Ulrich's Spring 2001 seminar on the Artemas Ward House, its former occupants, artifacts, and objects. I took the more familiar route to paper-writing and found myself sucked in not by objects but by the 86 boxes of Ward family material available at the American Antiquarian Society. I rather enjoyed writing it and hope people find it interesting, although, as with most such things, if I had it to do all over again...

There is also an introduction written by Laurel Ulrich and another paper written in the seminar by my friend Justin Florence. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 17, 2005 1:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to see you are posting something for me to read again! Your article, of course, is most excellent. Mammamoo...

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 4:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An intro by Laura Ulrich--that's great. What article databases is the journal available on?

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:43:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I don't think the Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society is available in an electronic edition at this time. :( The citation will eventually be in America: History and Life, but that won't help you much. You'll have to do the neo-Luddite thing and read the paper copy if you're really interested!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home