28 July 2005

Happy Birthday, Blog

I missed my own blogoversary yesterday...My first post on (a)musings of a grad student was on July 27, 2002. Three years later I'm still going strong.

I only started the blog because I thought it would be neat and fun. Unlike other bloggers, I didn't have a specific purpose in mind. I just figured I would post when I read something or thought of something interesting. This is my 181st post, incidentally.

Most of the hits to this weblog come from people googling me by name (although they might be looking for other Rebecca Goetzes) and from people who are looking for squirrel repellent. People spend a lot of time reading this post. It's so good to know this blog is making a difference in the lives and deaths of rodents everywhere. Occasionally I get hits from people searching for bestiality, because I made this politically-minded anti-William Pryor post here.

I like blogging and I plan on sticking with it. In the coming year I'll be able to post a little bit about my job search. It seems I am on the job market; the history department has given me a job placement web page.

And, if I may also point out, the Charlotte W. Newcombe Dissertation Fellowship in Religious and Ethical Values has posted a list of its 2005-2006 Fellows. There are six historians in the mix and all the projects sound interesting.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, July 28, 2005 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Helen and Naomi said...

wow - I read your CV(hope that wasn't being too intrusive) and it's so impressive!

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 3:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite a CV!
An admirer from K&S

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:35:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

No, not too intrusive! After all, those committees looking to hire me will be looking at it too! (And I did link to it, which invites everyone to have a look.)

 
At Friday, July 29, 2005 1:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd hire you in an instant. Mammamoo

 
At Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the Newcombe! (You may have posted about this before, so sorry if I missed it!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home