12 August 2005

D-Day-365

For lack of a better way of putting it, my dissertation will be due August 12, 2006. On that date I will have to file the final Graduate School of Arts and Sciences paperwork (and pay the fees) for receipt of the PhD in November 2006.

This seems like a good due date to me since my fellowship will end on August 31, 2006.

I think I should feel afraid. Instead, my task for this Friday evening will be to write a few paragraphs on New England's Half-Way Covenant. (It is actually pretty important for a dissertation about Virginia--long story, but trust me on this one.)

1 Comments:

At Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are smart to work backwards. THat is how I finished mine. Take the final date, August 12th, and work backwards to include all critical dates. Then you follow your schedule. Onward and upward!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home