08 August 2005

I got Tagged!

Helen over at Classics, Etc. tagged me with a meme--my first ever real tag! I've done memes before; just not on request. By the way, Helen is about to start her PhD program in Classics at the University of Nottingham. Good luck with that!


  1. First name: Rebecca
  2. Were you named after anyone? Not that I know of, although rumor has it that I was nearly named Sarah.
  3. Do you wish on stars? Absolutely.
  4. When did you last cry? Recently. :)
  5. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, I do actually. I got a fountain pen for my sixteenth birthday (which I still have and frequently use) and I think that helped me respect nice writings.
  6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Proscuitto.
  7. What is your most embarrassing CD? Ace of Base, The Sign.
  8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Um, probably.
  9. Do you have a journal? Yes. (But this isn't it. Sorry folks--the good stuff's not on the blog!)
  10. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes, but usually only when directed at the Shrub.
  11. What are your nicknames? Becky.
  12. Would you bungee jump? Yes. But someone has to hold my glasses.
  13. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off? Never.
  14. Do you think that you are strong? Sometimes.
  15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Black raspberry, with chocolate sprinkles.
  16. Shoe size? 7 1/2.
  17. Red or pink? Red, definitely. Pink's too girlie.
  18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I lack confidence at inconvenient moments.
  19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Khaki shorts and no shoes!
  20. What are you listening to right now? The sound of silence.
  21. Last thing you ate? Cheese and crackers left over from my birthday party.
  22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue.
  23. What is the weather like right now? Hot, humid, and hazy.
  24. Last person you talked to on the phone? The Cambridge Department of Public Health (she was conducting a survey).
  25. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? His smile.
  26. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Well, I've never met Helen but her bloginality seems nice.
  27. Favorite drink? Sapphire and tonic.
  28. Favorite sport? Red Sox baseball.
  29. Hair color? Brown.
  30. Eye color? Blue.
  31. Do you wear contacts? No, but I have Vera Wang glasses.
  32. Favorite food? Any pasta. The more the merrier.
  33. Last movie you watched? The House of the Flying Daggers. (Skip it: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon it wasn't.)
  34. Favorite day of the year? Thanksgiving.
  35. Scary movies or happy endings? Scary. Not into romantic movies these days.
  36. Summer or winter? Winter.
  37. Hugs or kisses? Both.
  38. What is your favorite dessert? Brownies!
  39. Who is most likely to respond? I don't know; I don't think I know anyone well enough to tag.
  40. Who is least likely to respond? See above!
  41. What books are you reading? Holly Brewer, By Birth or Consent: Children, Law, & the Anglo-American Revolution in Authority (for dissertation) and William Faulkner, Light in August (for fun).
  42. What's on your mouse pad? Don't have one, actually. I don't use a mouse.
  43. What did you watch last night on TV? I watched the first episode from the third season of Buffy (on DVD--I don't have cable.)
  44. Favorite smells? Baked beans that have been simmering all day.
  45. Favorite sounds? Opera and cats purring.
  46. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Both!
  47. What's the furthest you have been from home? Sydney, Australia.
  48. Do you have a special talent?I can do cartwheels.
  49. What is your ring tone?I have an ancient cell phone...it just rings like a land line.


That was fun Helen. Thanks!

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 09, 2005 9:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't have a clue that your favorite ice cream is black raspberry. Amazing the things you can learn on the internet. Your maternal grandmother was called "Becky" as a child (supposedly she looked like "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm", so in MY heart, at least, you are named for your Grandma. Mammamoo

 
At Tuesday, August 09, 2005 5:35:00 PM, Blogger Another Damned Medievalist said...

Hmmm I'm so literal -- I didn't think of answering "both"

 
At Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only do I have the Ace of Bass CD, I also copied it into my iTunes library, and it now resides on my iPod...I have no idea why I did, but I did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home