27 August 2005

Unabashed Self-Promotion Blog

Last winter I wrote a piece for the new History Department Teaching Fellow Handbook on "Being a Head Teaching Fellow." This effort is now published online--starting on page 55 of the PDF file.

I'm really proud of it. Shortly after I agreed to write the piece, one of my friends told me that when she was a head TF, her professor-boss made her fetch glasses of water and make sandwiches. So, mostly I wanted grad students to know there are limits to what their responsibilities are, and I wanted to help them negotiate the Scylla and Charybdis of fellow grad students as Teaching Fellows on one side and professors on the other. I hope it helps!

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 30, 2005 11:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd hire you in a heartbeat to teach! Guess Who....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home