23 September 2005

Pages Written, Words Counted

New Kid on the Hallway posted a chart of her progress on a paper she's in the process of writing. I really, really like the chart idea.

I haven't been counting so meticulously on Chapter Three (title: "The Child of a Pagan is a Pagan...The Child of a Christian is a Christian": Baptism, Spiritual Kinship, and Race) but here's the rough progression:

Aug 1: about 21 pages
Aug 15: about 42 pages
Sept. 1: about 60 pages
Sept. 10: about 72 pages
*chapter is too long and makes no sense*
Sept. 15: drastic cuts, we're reduced to about 50 pages
*chapter still makes no sense*
Sept 23: chapter is holding steady at 45 pages and about 13,330 words
*chapter still lurches from argument to argument like a drunken sailor and still makes no sense*

But, the title is really cool.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:17:00 AM, Blogger Helen and Naomi said...

I agree - the title is REALLY cool!

 
At Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you like the idea! I was so proud of myself, but of course haven't managed to write anything since I posted the chart. :-P

 
At Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca, An e-mail to you was returned to me with an "error message". Sorry about this awkward means of communicating, but would you send me any update on your correct address? Also, Michael Berube has a response to your questions, in case you haven't seen it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home