14 September 2005

Tribble Fall Out Part II

I've gotten many responses to my appeal for blogging information from grad student and faculty bloggers in the humanities and social sciences. You've whet my appetite for more! Please go to the survey and email me your response as soon as possible: rgoetz AT fas DOT harvard DOT edu.

If you've already taken the survey, please consider linking to it from your blog. I could sure use the help publicizing this. It won't do any good if I don't get a critical mass of responses!

My fellow Cliopatriarch Ralph Luker notes a number of Tribble-responses below. The Little Professor says that Tribble has created an academic urban legend. And the folks at Crooked Timber are getting into the act here and here.

In the comments of my original post, Manan Ahmed and Scott Eric Kaufman suggest drafting a statement of blogging principles which bloggers could "sign" and then put a button indicating they've signed on their blogs. The idea is this might help mitigate fears that blogs are only good for gossip. Please use the comment space here to help give us some idea what that statement might look like. I think it's a worthy idea.

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 16, 2005 1:28:00 PM, Blogger Another Damned Medievalist said...

Which survey do you want me to do?

 
At Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

um, the recently en-jobbed? either one works, since you can talk about job market and actually having a job...mostly I just want input!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home