06 October 2005

The Amazing Mr. Book, to the tune of...

My father, who helped nickname my dissertation "The Amazing Mr. Book." tells me that the phrase is based on the Mister Ed theme song. So I've taken to humming while I work, The Amazing Mister Book! (the a-MAZ-ing mis-TER book! or doo doo-DOO-doo doo-DOO doo)

And then I thought, why shouldn't my dissertation have its own personal theme song? I'm not much of a poet (not that this should be called poetry, more like doggerel!) nor am I much of a rhymer, but here goes:

To the tune of "Mister Ed:"

A Diss is a Diss of course of course
And no one can finish a Diss of course
That is, of course, unless the Diss is the Amazing Mister Book!

If something's amiss just blame the diss
It's always the cause of much that's not bliss.
It's living life in an abyss.
Thank you Mister Book!

People will claim that Mister Book just wastes my time of day
But Mister Book must soon be done because I have something to say!

Religion and race, of course, of course,
For slavery they were a driving force.
This should be a cause of much remorse
So this song must help me write...
The Amazing Mister Book!

Wow. My dissertation has its own theme song.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 06, 2005 4:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute!

 
At Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Ha! That is awesome.

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005 3:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to get out of your apartment more. Mammamoo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home