28 December 2005

Holiday Blogging Doldrums

I had all sorts of plans to blog frequently over the break and it has all come to naught, since I am a) too lazy, and b) my parents' internet connection is painfully slow. But here I sit in *$s availing myself to overpriced wireless internet access so I can email and the internet quickly. I'm researching schools I have interviews with (yes, I have interviews! this is exciting!) and catching up on the blogs. So, why not update, with a quick Christmas Acquisitions List?

  1. Elizabeth Kostova, The Historian (2005). A gift from my parents, I'll finally be able to read this book and comment on it like the rest of the history blogosphere.

  2. Pamela Aidan, An Assembly Such as This (2003) and Duty and Desire (2004). Also from my parents, the first two installments of a projected three-part series retelling Pride and Prejudice from Darcy's point of view. Very entertaining so far! (I've just gotten through a scene in which Darcy out-Brummels Beau himself with a swank new cravat knot--hilarious! If my Regency romance novel writing friend Lauren Willig hasn't read these yet, she should!)

  3. Carlos M.N. Eire, Waiting for Snow in Havana, Confessions of a Cuban Boyhood (2003). A thoughtful present from my brother, who knows how much I enjoy books about Cuba.


There promises to be a blogger breakfast at the AHA--more info on that when the details are settled!

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to Good Lauren. I really enjoyed looking at her site!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your interviews go well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home