25 February 2006

Light Snow Falling

It's a beautiful afternoon here in Cambridge, with a light, fluffy snow falling and making the Yard outside my library carrel window lovely to behold. It's cold out but not windy, making this snowfall a pleasant contrast to the blizzard conditions of two weeks ago.

This seems like a great time to extend a heartfelt Congratulations! to Another Damned Medievalist, who has been offered a tenure-track job at a Small Liberal Arts College. You rock, ADM!

And, in this afternoon's reading, I discover that Honda will likely be offering an affordable hybrid in the United States next year. This makes me a little sad, actually. I'll be buying my first car this summer and I was interested in a hybrid, but I cannot afford the ones already on the market (which top $20,000). I also can't wait until next year to buy a car. Sigh.

I also read on the IRS's website that it is phasing out the tax credit for purchase of a hybrid vehicle in 2007. Lovely. So much for our collective commitment to lessening our dependence on fossil fuels.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:14:00 PM, Blogger Julie said...

We're looking at getting a regular Fit when they're released in the US in a month or so (we also wanted a hybrid, but Honda doesn't make a Civic hatchback). Mileage is 33/38 and a fully loaded model is rumored to cost about $15K, so it might be a winner.

 
At Friday, March 03, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Another Damned Medievalist said...

Oh -- du -- I forgot to thank you! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home