22 September 2006

Hello! My Name is Pepper!

In honor of Friday Cat Blogging, I have allowed the new member of my household to introduce himself:

Hi, folks, my name is Pepper. I'm about a year old, and until two weeks ago, I lived here. Before that, I lived with some other people. But when I needed bladder surgery they gave me to the veterinarian because they couldn't afford it. (I'm better now!)

I didn't really like living at the clinic; it was really noisy and there were many strange smells. One day a very nice lady came, put me in a crate, and took me home.

I was really scared at first. I hid in my litter box and wouldn't come out! But gradually I got to know my new mom's house. She got me lots of toys and a scratching post. She's even promised to get me a new cat house and a water fountain when she goes to Petsmart this weekend!

I really like the little bed Mom made me in her closet. But I especially like to snuggle with her when she watches Buffy DVDs or when she's reading (she reads a lot!). She told me just this morning, after I woke her up at 6am to remind her to feed me, that she doesn't know how she got along without me!

7 Comments:

At Friday, September 22, 2006 1:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooh! My new grandcat is so handsome! Mammamoo

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 1:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The grandcat is really cute!
Grandpa - sort of

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognize that rug....

-bro

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 5:31:00 PM, Blogger George H. Williams said...

That's a beautiful cat! This time next year I hope to be in my own house (not an apartment w/a no pets clause) and to have little critters of my own.

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 8:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a beautiful creature! And a lucky one, too!

 
At Saturday, September 23, 2006 4:08:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

George, I think no pets clauses are mean and evil! :)

And thanks, New Kid! Now, more pictures of Eldest Cat, Middle Cat, and Youngest Cat please!

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 3:46:00 PM, Blogger Another Damned Medievalist said...

Rebecca, he's gorgeous! What a sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home