11 September 2006

September 11

Several blogs have personal remembrances of September 11, 2001 today (I read one at By the Bayou). I don't have anything particular to relate in that vein, except that I spent most of the day with friends who had family in New York, waiting with them to hear about their families (they were all unhurt).

I spent an hour today listening to the Rice Chorale sing Faure's Requiem. It was a beautiful way to remember the events and the victims of five years ago. It was remarkably well-attended, especially since acaemics and students, like everyone else, are notoriously jealous of their lunchtime prerogatives. The concert hall was packed with people. I can't think of a more appropriate way to express collective grief and remembrance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home