02 March 2007

Friday Cat and Furniture Blogging

This morning I went to Crate and Barrel to pick up my new desk (a housewarming present from my parents). It was funny watching the C & B guys trying to get it into Hildegard. I love my hybrid car but she was really not built for cargo-in-a-big-box.

Nevertheless, we stuffed the desk in and I got it home, back out of the car, into my house, out of the box, and put together in under an hour. Now I have a solid work area at home!



Of course, it is unclear if I'll actually be allowed to use it, because Pepper has decided that the new desk is clearly a new piece of cat lounging furniture. He also decided my new bureau would be a good place to hang out too, and I can't keep the surface clear of cat fur. I suspect I'll have the same experience with my desk. Sigh.


8 Comments:

At Friday, March 02, 2007 4:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make that grandcat of ours behave! I notice your windows are open. Bully for you.
You Know Who

 
At Friday, March 02, 2007 6:18:00 PM, Blogger Clio Bluestocking said...

Not the point; but, loving the bookshelves and the porch swing!

 
At Sunday, March 04, 2007 4:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No love for IKEA and their earth friendly vibes?

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I actually really like IKEA but I couldn't find a desk there that was just the right size--they were all either too small or too big.

This desk was apparently made from plantation-grown renewable woods (I forget the name) but I don't know if the wood is organic...I suspect not!

My bureau is from IKEA.

 
At Monday, March 05, 2007 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My bureau is from IKEA."

Dang Yuppies. . . 8-)

Cheers,
Mike Davidson

 
At Friday, March 09, 2007 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Jarod said...

I noticed any new object that comes into the home instantly becomes official "cat Lounging" furniture. My cat has made this a law!

 
At Saturday, March 24, 2007 1:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike;

Don't be a "playa-hata"!

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can find excellent reviews of IKEA furniture on this site:


IKEA consumer reviews and reports

or check out their home page for more reviews:
Consumer Reviews and Reports

Regards,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home