05 July 2007

Double Tagged...

...for the 8 Random Facts Meme by PhDinHistory and John at By the Bayou (and I think someone else did also, but I can't remember!). I'm not going to tag anyone because everyone I read has already been tagged...but I'll do the meme! Here are eight random facts about me:

  1. I don't drink caffeinated beverages. I really love coffee but I find my stomach doesn't really love it. I drink a lot of herbal teas.

  2. When I was little I wanted to be a palaeontologist and I was obsessed with dinosaurs. I'm still interested in fossils of all kinds.

  3. When I was in high school I wanted to be an equine veterinarian.

  4. I have an extensive collection of My Little Ponies. I liked them better than Barbies.

  5. My favorite movie *ever* is The Great Race, with Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood, and Jack Lemmon.

  6. I've had short hair since I was fifteen. I hate having hair--the shorter the better!

  7. I got my ears pierced when I was six, on the same day that I met Geraldine Ferraro (who was running for Vice President).

  8. My favorite book *ever* is Jane Eyre.



Labels:

7 Comments:

At Friday, July 06, 2007 8:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I really could use some cash right now to finish up a few things in our new house. Think I will visit that big Rubbermaid container in the garage and scope out the ponies. Mammamoo

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 9:11:00 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Rebecca,

In looking at this post, and looking around, I was pleased to see that you are almost to five years of blogging! That's a pretty good record! I was well willing to bet I'd been at it longer. Happy anniversary!

Getting your ears pierced and meeting Geraldine Ferraro at six explains a lot about your politics--no, wait, its actually very confusing. Both are vary painful experiences, you should have become Republican instantly.

I have one question about the past 5: what happened with Squirrel? You promised and ending to the story, I never found it.

And in the next 5: More of your relationship to the community, the land, and the world around. What are you helping build: a park, a church, an arts center? What organizations outside the academy, ones with blue collar members? How are you forming personal experiences to better understand history? Nothing beats working outside with a hammer and nails throughout January to drive in the commitment of those at Valley Forge.
Best wishes! Ed

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

My landlord eventually replaced the torn screens with some very heavy duty ones the squirrel couldn't chew through. He would hang around outside looking pathetic but I had no sympathy. A whole platoon of mice took his place, though, which eventually forced me to move out.

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 1:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mammamoo has it about right! Except for the fact some of these ponies command a pretty good price, now, don't they! They'll help fund Mammamoo's and my retirement!! Let the sorting begin!!
You Know WHo

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

There will be NO SELLING of my Ponies. Otherwise I'll send Pepper after you.

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 2:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah - all we have to do is turn on the ceiling fans - all six of them on high - and we'll see how Pepper reacts to that!!
You Know Who

 
At Friday, July 06, 2007 3:32:00 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Pepper says:

See how my grandparents treat their only grandcat? I can't help it if I am afraid of giant blades that turn all on their own! In fact, sensible humans would be afraid of them too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home