11 September 2008

IKE-O-RAMA!

In response to the comment below, nope, not leaving, not ever, not nohow.

Seriously though, I live outside all the mandatory evac zones, and we are supposed to stay put for now to give those folks who really do have to leave (especially anyone and everyone in Galveston) the road. Things are quiet here as I poach a little wifi from my fabulous neighbors; the moon in shining and the air is peculiarly calm. I've hurricane-proofed the house; no projectiles here!

Since I live in the Houston Heights (elevation: 40 ft!) I won't flood. My house is set back from the street and is on a pier-and-beam foundation, so even if the streets flood (likely) my house will stay nice and dry.

Unless 115 mph winds tear off my roof and blow out my windows.

In which case, Pepper and I will retreat to the bedroom closet (the only windowless "room" in the house) and wait things out!

We'll be fine. We'll check in after the storm as soon as we are able.

7 Comments:

At Friday, September 12, 2008 8:39:00 PM, Blogger Profane said...

UGGHHH. It appears, however, that many have chosen to stay behind imprudently:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/09/12/hurricane.ike.texas/index.html

Stay safe!

 
At Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:51:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Hope all is ok. Seems all my contacts in Houston are without power, but relatively undamaged.

 
At Monday, September 15, 2008 11:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope everything is OK, it looked bad down there.

 
At Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hope the storm treated you well -- Chelsea ended up evacuated to Rice campus for three days, and is still without power in the graduate apartments.

 
At Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you weather the storm OK?

 
At Tuesday, November 04, 2008 5:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

your enormous fan base misses your take on stuff. After tonight(your time) can you come back to blogworld occasionally? Please?

 
At Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

you given up or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home